CTI 9600 - REPAIR SERVICE
Exceptional customer service and engineering support. Fast turnarounds. Low prices.
PTB Sales is the national leader in Brooks CTI compressor repairs.
Our state of the art 27,853 sq ft remanufacturing facility conforms to ISO 9001 quality standards, and is supported by an engineering team with over 90 years combined experience in vacuum technology. Our pump technicians, led by a factory-trained mechanic, have over 100 years combined experience.
Look no further. Let PTB Sales support your success.
Request an RMA Return Material Authorization
Need an exchange? We recognize that some replacements are more critical than others or that it is not convenient to remove a pump without the replacement immediately at hand. On our form, check the box to request an exchange and we will follow up with current availability.
Procedures for shipping used equipment to PTB Sales:
- Seal openings.
- Attach our pump declaration form to the equipment to declare what contaminates the equipment has been exposed to.
There is a $300 Evaluation Fee. This gets applied to the cost of repair.
Questions? Please call our toll free number at 866-332-0500 or send an e-mail to our sales team!
Consumable parts vary with model type. Pricing is determined by model configuration, oil type and hard parts damage.
Brooks CTI 9600 - Scope of Work
One year warranty service.
PTB Sales will perform the following:
1. Incoming Inspection
- Attach work order to 9600 compressor
- Picture taken of 9600 compressor’s configuration / condition
- Record static charge pressure
- Record hours and last date serviced
2. Record current (Amps) on all three input phases
3. Record inlet / outlet water temperature
4. Complete teardown and disassembly of the compressor
5. All parts are inspected and cleaned with a high pressure parts washer
- Flush heater exchanger
- Paint exterior panels
6. 9600 Compressor Rebuild
- Pump motor
- Measure / record resistance on all three phases
- Replace pump motor if current and / or resistance is out of spec
- Replaced hour meter
- Rebuild by-pass valve
- Clean / inspect replace O-rings
- Rebuild dump valve
- Clean / inspect and replace O-rings
- Rebuild oil mist section
- Clean / inspect Orifice and replace O-rings
- Clean / inspect and / or replace filters
- Rebuild oil injection section
- Clean / inspect oil inject valve and replace O-rings
- Replace oil injection filter
- Rebuild pressure gauge
- Clean / inspect pressure gauge and replace O-ring
- Replace pressure relief valve
- Clean / inspect casters
- Replace helium absorber
- Replace aeroquip fittings and O-rings
- Helium supply and return fittings
- Oil pump fill and drain fittings
- Helium charge fitting
- Water connection fittings
- Clean / inspect and / or replace water inlet connector
- Clean / inspect and / or replace water outlet connector
7. Electrical Chassis Rebuild
- Verify 2 phase and 3 phase coldhead output power
- Inspect / replace PCB's
- Inspect / replace power components > 5 years old
- Inspect / replace I/O connectors (On-Board output and remote)
- Inspect / replace circuit breakers (main and control) and contactors
- Verify On-Board output power
8. Rough evacuation helium and oil ports for 8 hours
9. Helium charge to specified static charge pressure
10. Final Test
- Install panels
- Helium circuit leaked checked to 1 x 10E-7 sccm
- Load test
- Record compressor input current on all 3 phases
- Record compressor inlet / outlet water temperature
- Record cryopump’s bottom out times
- Record cryopump’s bottom out temperatures
11. Final Quality Control Check List
- Final test report attached to compressor
- Replace service label with hours recorded at time of service
- Protective caps installed on supply / return fittings
- Protective covers installed on power and remote connectors
- Package with accordance with DOT Standards
This product has been refurbished by PTB Sales, Inc. PTB Sales is not affiliated with Brooks Automation, Inc., the Original Equipment Manufacturer. In some cases, PTB Sales uses processes and parts that are different from those used by the OEM, and the OEM expressly disclaims any warranty obligations with respect to this refurbished product.
The following is a real-life example of what happened when one of our customers sent in their Brooks CTI 9600 compressor for repair to PTB Sales:
After evaluation, it was determined that the compressor pump was “locked” and the oil separator was full of oil. The nonfunctioning oil separator did not provide sufficient oil to the compressor pump causing the pump to overheat and fail.
PTB Sales replaced the compressor pump with a new OEM pump and replaced the oil separator with a remanufactured one. We continued with our standard service scope of work within our industry leading three day turn-around time. All of this was performed under PTB's fixed price repair program of $2,750.
What would have happened if the customer sent the 9600 Compressor to the OEM? They would have been notified that the cost to repair older units is significantly more than the cost to repair newer compressors. They would be offered two options:
- $6,850 repair cost
- $1,000 credit towards the purchase of a new compressor
- Cause & Effect of Helium Contamination on a Cryogenic Vacuum System
- Brooks CTI Cryogenic Vacuum System Compressor Preventive Maintenance
- Helium System Maintenance
- Pumping Condensable Vapors
- Cryo Remanufacturing Improvements 2014
- Initiate On-Board® IS Group Full Regeneration
- On-Board® IS 1st Stage Temperature Control
- Aborted On-Board® Regeneration Troubleshooting
- Identifying a Faulty On-Board® IS Module
- Cryo-Torr® Cryopump Regeneration Best Practices
There are currently no customer reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review!
We value your opinion. Please take a moment and share what you like or don't like about a product.