CTI On-Board IS 8F - REPAIR SERVICE
Exceptional customer service and engineering support. Fast turnarounds. Low prices.
PTB Sales is the national leader in Brooks CTI-Cryogenics cryopump repairs.
Our state of the art 27,853 sq ft remanufacturing facility conforms to ISO 9001 quality standards, and is supported by an engineering team with over 90 years combined experience in vacuum technology. Our pump technicians, led by a factory-trained mechanic, have over 100 years combined experience.
Look no further. Let PTB Sales support your success.
Request an RMA Return Material Authorization
Need an exchange? We recognize that some replacements are more critical than others or that it is not convenient to remove a pump without the replacement immediately at hand. On our form, check the box to request an exchange and we will follow up with current availability.
Procedures for shipping used equipment to PTB Sales:
- Seal openings.
- Attach our pump declaration form to the equipment to declare what contaminates the equipment has been exposed to.
There is a $300 Evaluation Fee. This gets applied to the cost of repair.
Questions? Please call our toll free number at 866-332-0500 or send an e-mail to our sales team!
Consumable parts vary with model type.
Brooks CTI-Cryogenics On-Board IS 8F - Scope of Work
One year warranty repair service.
PTB Sales will perform the following:
1. Incoming Inspection
- Attach work order to cryopump
- Picture taken of cryopump's mechanical configuration
- S/W version recorded on work order
2. Complete teardown and disassembly of the pump
3. All parts are inspected and cleaned
- Aqueous high pressure parts washer
4. Parts are dimensionally evaluated
5. Cryopump Rebuild
- Vacuum Rebuild
- Replace 15K array
- Replace 80K condensing array
- Replace radiation shield
- Replace 1st and 2nd stage temperature sensors and wires
- Replace O-rings in rough valve and purge valve
- Replace all hardware
- Verify / replace heater operation
- Verify / replace vacuum vessel
- Refrigerator Rebuild
- Replace O-rings, seals and bushings in the cross head assembly
- Replace the rocker valve springs, lock nuts and gland
- Replace supply and return aeroquip connectors
- Replace dowel pin for the displacer cap nut
- Inspect / replace scotch yoke
- Replace valves and valve stems
- Inspect / replace crankshaft and drive assembly
- Inspect / replace rocker arms / assembly
- Drive Motor Rebuild
- Replace bearings
- Replace O-rings
- Inspect / replace motor shaft
6. Module Rebuild
- Customer data uploaded into database
- Battery replaced
- PCB's inspected
- Inspect / replace power components > 5 years old
- Inspect / replace I/O connectors (RS-232, USB, HDDB15, power)
7. Sub Assembly Test
- Module test
- Motor test
- Refrigeration load test
- Set / test timing of exhaust and inlet valves
- Verify diode characterization
8. Final Test
- Vacuum sided leaked checked to 1 x 1E-9 sccm
- Helium circuit leaked checked to 5 x 10E-8 sccm
- Perform two full regenerations
- Time to reach <17K verified
- Time to reach <= 12K (bottom out temperature) verified
- Run pump in temperature control at 100K for 30 minutes
- Runtime hours reset to zero
- Fast and full regeneration history cleared
9. Final Quality Control Check List
- Picture taken of cryopump’s as shipped configuration
- Final test report attached to cryopump
- Protective covers installed on all vacuum flanges
- Protective covers installed on power and I/O connectors
- Package with accordance with DOT Standards
- Cause & Effect of Helium Contamination on a Cryogenic Vacuum System
- Brooks CTI Cryogenic Vacuum System Compressor Preventive Maintenance
- Helium System Maintenance
- Pumping Condensable Vapors
- Cryo Remanufacturing Improvements 2014
- Initiate On-Board® IS Group Full Regeneration
- On-Board® IS 1st Stage Temperature Control
- Aborted On-Board® Regeneration Troubleshooting
- Identifying a Faulty On-Board® IS Module
- Cryo-Torr® Cryopump Regeneration Best Practices