Leybold COOLPAK - REPAIR SERVICE
Exceptional customer service and engineering support. Fast turnarounds. Low prices.
PTB Sales is the national leader in Leybold helium compressor repairs.
Our state of the art 27,853 sq ft remanufacturing facility conforms to ISO 9001 quality standards, and is supported by an engineering team with over 90 years combined experience in vacuum technology. Our pump technicians, led by a Leybold factory-trained mechanic, have over 100 years combined experience.
Look no further. Let PTB Sales support your success.
Request an RMA Return Material Authorization
Need an exchange? We recognize that some replacements are more critical than others or that it is not convenient to remove a pump without the replacement immediately at hand. On our form, check the box to request an exchange and we will follow up with current availability.
Procedures for shipping used equipment to PTB Sales:
- Seal openings.
- Attach our pump declaration form to the equipment to declare what contaminates the equipment has been exposed to.
There is a $300 Evaluation Fee. This gets applied to the cost of repair.
Questions? Please call our toll free number at 866-332-0500 or send an e-mail to our sales team!
Consumable parts vary with model type. Pricing is determined by model configuration, oil type and hard parts damage.
Leybold COOLPAK 2000, 2200, 6000, 6200 - Scope of Work
One year warranty service.
PTB Sales will perform the following:
1. Incoming Inspection
- Attach work order to compressor
- Picture taken of compressor’s configuration / condition
- Record static charge pressure
- Record hours and last date serviced
2. Record current (Amps) on all three input phases
3. Record inlet / outlet water temperature
4. Complete teardown and disassembly of the compressor
5. All parts are inspected and cleaned with a high pressure parts washer
- Flush heater exchanger
- Paint exterior panels
6. Compressor Rebuild
- Pump motor
- Measure / record resistance on all three phases
- Replace pump motor if current and / or resistance is out of spec
- Replaced hour meter
- Rebuild by-pass valve
- Clean / inspect replace O-rings
- Rebuild dump valve
- Clean / inspect and replace O-rings
- Rebuild oil mist section
- Clean / inspect Orifice and replace O-rings
- Clean / inspect and / or replace filters
- Rebuild oil injection section
- Clean / inspect oil inject valve and replace O-rings
- Replace oil injection filter
- Rebuild pressure gauge
- Clean / inspect pressure gauge and replace O-ring
- Replace pressure relief valve
- Clean / inspect casters
- Replace helium adsorber
- Replace aeroquip fittings and O-rings
- Helium supply and return fittings
- Oil pump fill and drain fittings
- Helium charge fitting
- Water connection fittings
- Clean / inspect and / or replace water inlet connector
- Clean / inspect and / or replace water outlet connector
7. Electrical Chassis Rebuild
- Verify 2 phase and 3 phase coldhead output power
- Inspect / replace PCB's
- Inspect / replace power components > 5 years old
- Inspect / replace I/O connectors (On-Board output and remote)
- Inspect / replace circuit breakers (main and control) and contactors
- Verify On-Board output power
8. Rough evacuation helium and oil ports for 8 hours
9. Helium charge to specified static charge pressure
10. Final Test
- Install panels
- Helium circuit leaked checked to 1 x 10E-7 sccm
- Load test
- Record compressor input current on all 3 phases
- Record compressor inlet / outlet water temperature
- Record cryopump’s bottom out times
- Record cryopump’s bottom out temperatures
11. Final Quality Control Check List
- Final test report attached to compressor
- Replace service label with hours recorded at time of service
- Protective caps installed on supply / return fittings
- Protective covers installed on power and remote connectors
- Package in accordance with DOT Standards
- Cause & Effect of Helium Contamination on a Cryogenic Vacuum System
- Brooks CTI Cryogenic Vacuum System Compressor Preventive Maintenance
- Helium System Maintenance
- Pumping Condensable Vapors
- Cryo Remanufacturing Improvements 2014
- Initiate On-Board® IS Group Full Regeneration
- On-Board® IS 1st Stage Temperature Control
- Aborted On-Board® Regeneration Troubleshooting
- Identifying a Faulty On-Board® IS Module
- Cryo-Torr® Cryopump Regeneration Best Practices